What is a Tax Lien?
Find out what you can do when the CRA registers a lien on your property though CRA lien removal and tax lien help.
Fill out the web form or call us to get started.
Solve Your Tax Problem
Book A Free Confidential Consultation
CRA Tax Liens: What Are They & What You Can Do
The CRA (Canada Revenue Agency, formerly known as Revenue Canada) has many strong collection powers that it will use to collect unpaid tax debt. One of these CRA enforcement tools is to register a lien against a property.
- A tax lien can be placed on a home, real estate holdings, and any other property
- A lien prevents an individual from selling or refinancing a property until the tax debt is paid
- The CRA has no obligation to notify an individual if it places a lien on a property
- The CRA does not require a court order to bring legal action against you
Those who have unpaid tax debt must ensure that they respond to the CRA properly and arrange for a payment plan to resolve an unpaid tax debt situation before the agency takes action, such as placing a lien on a property. The tax experts at Farber Tax Solutions have the experience needed to successfully negotiate with the CRA.
CRA Lien Removal
The most straightforward way to remove CRA liens is to pay the tax debt that is owed. However, due to the fact that the CRA charges large interest and penalty charges on outstanding tax debt, it can be costly and difficult to pay such tax debts.
In addition, the CRA is often very hesitant to agree to long-term payment arrangements, especially when a tax debt has been outstanding long enough that the agency considers placing a lien on a property.
Even in situations where the CRA agrees to a payment plan, it does not do so without requiring significant financial disclosure from the taxpayer. Before providing the CRA with any of this sensitive financial information, contacting an experienced tax professional is strongly advised. When dealing with the CRA, a prompt response is important, but a correct response is crucial.
The Farber Tax Solutions team is comprised of experienced ex-CRA, accounting, and legal professionals. We have a proven history of successfully negotiating with the CRA. Arrange for a free consultation with our team by contacting us today.
Tax Lien Help
If a lien has been registered on your property, you need to act fast, but also need to take the right steps. When you contact Farber Tax Solutions, we will review your tax situation, analyze all CRA actions, and create a plan for moving forward.
- Doing nothing is not helpful. The CRA will not “go away” or “forget” about your tax debt. The longer you take to resolve your situation, the more complex and costly it will get
- Our team will ensure that your rights are protected and respected at every step of the way
- We have the skill and knowledge needed to resolve tax problems in the most favourable manner for our clients.
At Farber Tax Solutions, we understand how crucial it is to communicate and negotiate with the CRA properly. CRA negotiators are experts and CRA processes are lengthy and confusing. Level the playing field by working with our trusted professionals. Arrange for a free consultation today.
Farber Tax Solutions Helps You at Every Step of the Way including:
- 1| Organizing: We analyze all documents and communication, to fight the CRA on your behalf
- 2| Audits: We assist you with audits and ensure proper conduct by tax authorities
- 3| Appeals: We can prepare a Notice of Objection, clarifying your standing with the CRA
- 4| Litigation: We represent you at all levels of court
"The power the CRA holds over individuals is unbelievable. I could not believe we had to experience this treatment and I firmly believe Scott saved the day, our sanity and our financial future. Farber Tax knows their stuff, and I highly recommend them to be in your corner."
"Again I can’t thank you enough! My life has been far more calm in so many ways after meeting with you. I have had many family members and friends mention how happy I seem lately. It’s truly a reflection of your hard work and ability to do your profession so great!”
"I don’t even know where to.begin or how to even thank you for lending an ear this morning. Without even seeing any type of documentation to support my situation .. you offered support, guidance and most of all kindness. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!"